To maintain health and prevent diseases, men need to consume vitamins, minerals, nutrients, and macro-and microelements daily. Getting the required amount of vitamins from food is not always possible. The fact is that only a small percentage of nutrients from food are absorbed by the body. Therefore, doctors recommend that men additionally include pharmaceutical vitamin supplements in their diet.
You should pay attention to the fact that there are special multivitamins for men that are developed taking into account the dietary needs of the male body in different periods of life. They are much more effective than broad-spectrum vitamins, which both men and women can take.
What Multivitamins Do Men Need?
In fact, all vitamins are important for the full-fledged work of the male body. Each of them plays a role and regulates metabolic processes. But it is worth highlighting a number of vitamins that should be regularly supplied to the body:
- B vitamins – B2, B6, and B12 – help proteins to be absorbed and provide energy during the day. Malnutrition creates a deficiency of this complex of substances. That is why they are taken additionally in the form of multivitamins and nutritional supplements.
- Vitamin A helps produce testosterone and regenerate cells. Also, with its deficiency, vision is weakened.
- Vitamin C is responsible for the production of testosterone and the strengthening of the immune system. It is considered the main in the fight against the effects of stress. It also helps to normalize blood pressure in hypertensive patients and is indispensable for smokers. Vitamin C heals wounds and prevents aging.
- Vitamin D helps the body absorb calcium and is responsible for strengthening protective functions.
- Vitamin E helps the body produce sex hormones and keeps blood vessels healthy.
- Lipoic acid is one of the best liver protectors. The substance relieves severe intoxication, normalizes the activity of the thyroid gland, and helps men stay young and attractive longer. Lipoic acid is found in dairy products, greens, and vegetables.
- Biotin improves the condition of the skin, nails, and hair, accelerating cell renewal. This is a vitamin for maintaining the well-groomed appearance of men. It resists baldness, improves the appearance of the skin, and reduces the mass of body fat.
In men after 40 years, vitamins should be present in sufficient quantities, as the need for protection from harmful environmental factors increases. For example, daily men need to receive 900 micrograms of vitamin A, 90 mg of ascorbic acid, 15 micrograms of vitamin D, and 400 micrograms of folic acid.
Therefore, it is better to choose multivitamins for men that take into account the characteristics of male biochemistry.
What Multivitamins Should Men Take Daily At Different Ages?
The needs of men for vitamins and minerals directly depend on age. For example, before the age of 40, an ordinary man especially needs B vitamins, which optimize many internal processes – building muscle tissue and forming sperm.
At this age, mаn usually plans to start a family and have one or more children. For a full-fledged conception, the diet must contain sources of vitamins A, E, and folic acid. The latter is needed for both men and women.
Therefore, middle-aged man under 40 is best suited for multivitamin complexes that contain nutrients to maintain physical activity and reproductive function and prevent diseases.
Athletes should choose specific supplements from the sports nutrition category.
Men in their 40s and 50s show the first signs of aging and cardiovascular disease. Therefore, emphasis should be placed on vitamins A, C, and E, which have a beneficial effect on vascular walls and heart function. These same vitamins also slow down the development of atherosclerosis and support the immune system.
In addition, at this stage, symptoms of erectile dysfunction may occur, so you can start using vitamins for potency.
After the age of 40, the main task of vitamins is to slow down the aging process.
After 50 years of age, the state of the musculoskeletal system begins to deteriorate, and the level of calcium in the body decreases. At this age, a man experiences an increased need for vitamin D, and calcium preparations. To maintain the work of the heart, doctors recommend the use of magnesium and potassium supplements.
After 60 years of age, it is advisable to use special multivitamins designed for older men. To improve memory, attention, and thinking, it is necessary to use B vitamins.
How to Choose The Right Men’s Multivitamin Complex
When choosing a multivitamin, it must be taken into account that some vitamins and minerals are incompatible, that is, they interfere with each other’s absorption in the body.
Ascorbic acid is not combined with vitamins B1 and B12, and copper is also washed out due to its excess.
Some vitamins and minerals are incompatible
Retinol does not combine with vitamin B12, and vitamin B1 does not combine with B2, B3, B6, and B12, as well as with magnesium and calcium. In this case, B1 can be used with B5.
Vitamin B9 interferes with the absorption of zinc but goes well with B2, B5, B12, and C.
In general, men’s multivitamin complexes take into account all these nuances. Dosages in them are selected in such a way that there is no excess and the risk of overdose. Nevertheless, this criterion should still be paid attention to when choosing.
It is important to check with your doctor before taking multivitamins for men to get the health benefits and avoid negative side effects.
Vitamins are just as important for the functioning of the body as proteins, fats, and carbohydrates. Doctors remind us that it is difficult to get 100% of the daily requirement of nutrients from food, so there are pharmaceutical preparations with vitamins. Vitamin supplements are recommended both for healthy men as a preventive measure and for people who have health problems.
Men’s Daily Pack Multivitamin
The Men’s Daily Pack is a potent combination of 102 high-quality vitamins, essential fatty acids, fruits, antioxidants, minerals, vegetables, and herbs.
It’s packed with large amounts of critical nutrients that often go above and above the minimum daily allowance. This compact one-a-day stack makes it simple to maintain a healthy lifestyle on a daily basis.
1 Bottle – Retail Price
$89.95 Now: $79.95 Save $10.00