Prostatitis is a complex inflammatory disease that affects many men of all ages.
The prostate is a gland the size of 3-4 cm in diameter and shaped like a walnut. This is an important part of the male reproductive system. It is situated at the crossroads of the sexual and urinary systems. Directly before ejaculation, the prostate is contracted and promptly closes the urethra to prevent the ingress of sperm into the bladder.
In addition, the main task of this gland is to secrete prostate fluid, which allows the sperm to remain viable and active. Also, the muscle tissue of the prostate gland helps move this seminal fluid into the urethra during ejaculation. That is why it is important to promptly stop all the health problems that are at least in some way that may be associated with the prostate.
The most common diseases that affect the prostate are prostatitis and prostate adenoma.
Prostatitis is an inflammatory disease. It can appear in a duet with the infection (up to 15% of cases) or form without the accession of infection.
According to the researchers, prostatitis (inflammation of the prostate) is suffering in 25 to 40% of men (some say even up to 80-90%). It is believed that prostatitis is more common in older men and middle-aged. But, unfortunately, sometimes even young men suffer from this disease. In essence, it is a very insidious disease. Without timely treatment prostatitis can be a constant companion of man, bringing with it constant pain, reduced libido, male fertility, and decreased erectile function. Sometimes prostatitis can even completely put an end to sex life.
Possible Causes of Prostatitis
There are several causes of prostatitis:
1. Infections, sexually transmitted infections: ureaplasma, cytomegalovirus, chlamydia, herpes virus, mycoplasma, Trichomonas, fungi genus Candida, gonococci, E. coli (Escherichia coli) can infect the urethra and detected in prostate tissue. Even enteric bacteria may cause bacterial prostatitis.
2. Poor circulation in the pelvic organs (the stagnation in the prostate leading to its inflammation).
3. A low level of physical activity. This factor implies not only the absence of a gym in your life but also a sit-down job. Sedentary lifestyle (drivers, civil servants, office workers).
4. Coitus interruptus or artificial lengthening of the sexual act, long-term abstinence. The degree of risk is increased if you have sex less often than once every 2 – 3 weeks.
5. Violation of immunity.
6. Frequent hypothermia (extreme rest lovers: surfing, diving, kayaking, and skiing).
7. Systemic stress: mental and physical overload.
8. Hormonal imbalance.
9. hormonal imbalance; violation of the allergic status.
10. Lack of vitamins and minerals.
11. Excessive alcohol consumption and smoking. These bad habits reduce the body’s resistance to various diseases, including that prostatitis.
The first warning signs can not be ignored.
Finding such unpleasant symptoms should seek immediate medical attention. Otherwise, the negative effects are not forced to wait long.
1. Soreness lower abdomen and in the groin area.
2. Violation of the normal process of urination pain, frequent desires in a toilet, and a small amount of urine released during urination.
3. Pain after intercourse. Pain often follows after ejaculation and is localized in the urethra or the glans penis.
4. Weak erection and premature ejaculation. By this point, you should pay special attention to and understand more since this symptom is one of the most insidious. Many men mistakenly believe that the deterioration of an erection even with painful sensations is the result of fatigue. And then, when everything comes back to normal after a few days, all forgotten about it. Unfortunately, prostatitis just will not go away and can quickly become chronic. Therefore, in any incomprehensible situation with an erection – go to the doctor.
It should be remembered that one of the most serious consequences of prostatitis – is infertility. So do not ignore and do not refer to other causes of the above signs of disease. Immediately consult specialists.
Procrastination or any self-medication can be dangerous to health. Remember, the sooner you see a doctor, the treatment will take place more efficiently and faster.
Treatment of Prostatitis
Treatment of this disease includes comprehensive measures: the adoption by the appointed scheme of antibiotics, anti-inflammatory drugs, use of rectal suppositories with an anesthetic effect. Usually, this treatment is added to a special physical therapy and massage.
With a disease such as prostatitis, prostate massage is effective in the initial forms of the disease or in its chronic course. Inflamed inflammation requires more effective measures: potent medications or surgical intervention.
This method of therapy is performed for men who have the appropriate medical indications for it. The result of this procedure is the restoration of microcirculation in the prostate gland, which causes it to tone.
There are several massage techniques, including at home. In addition, it is currently possible to purchase an apparatus designed to affect the prostate gland. After the course of treatment, the patient’s condition improves significantly. In particular, the erectile function of a man also improves.
Prostatitis is not a Death Sentence!
Now you know the signs, symptoms, and causes of this disease. But best of all it is necessary to follow certain measures of prevention of prostatitis. Modern medical technologies are progressing and improving day by day. More and more new treatment methods appear in the world, drugs, etc. This means that with timely treatment from a professional doctor urologist-andrologist you will be able to successfully deal with the problem of prostatitis without serious consequences for your health.