Pumpkin is a truly tasty and healing vegetable, containing many of the necessary body substances. Not only pulp but also pumpkin seeds have useful properties. They are used as food as a tasty treat, as well as for medicinal purposes. In one seed is a large number of vitamins and minerals that are required by the male body.
Daily consumption of pumpkin seeds will help not only strengthen the body but also help to cope with such a problem as impotence.
Pumpkin seeds: Superfood specifically for men’s health
Due to the lack of essential for the body of vitamins and trace elements in men can cause serious health problems, especially in the genitourinary area.
A simple product – pumpkin seeds, which contain all substances that are crucial for the physical health of a man, will help fill their shortages.
The composition of pumpkin seeds
The product includes a record amount of biologically active substances. Such as:
- 20 essential and essential amino acids necessary for normal protein metabolism;
- saturated and unsaturated fats;
- vitamins A, groups B (1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 9), C, D, K, PP, alpha and beta carotene, lutein, tocopherol;
- mineral micro- and macronutrients: phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, zinc, selenium, copper, iron, manganese ions;
- natural antidepressants, glycosides, alkaloids.
Why are pumpkin seeds useful for the body of a man?
The benefits of pumpkin seeds for the body of a man are provided by the components that they contain. Regular use of the product has many advantages, including:
- Fiber and natural oils have a beneficial effect on the intestinal microflora, contribute to the removal of toxins, have a mild laxative effect, stimulate digestion;
- The seed coat contains a rare amino acid, cucurbitin, which has a destructive effect on parasitic worms;
- Vitamins of group “B” are rightly called “male” vitamins, they are necessary to adjust the activity of the central nervous system, hemoglobin synthesis, carbohydrate metabolism, red blood cell regeneration;
- Vitamins “A”, “F”, “K” increase vitality and sexual energy. Lack of these substances leads to a decrease in muscle activity, the development of nervousness, susceptibility to inflammation and infections;
- Vitamin “E” is responsible for cellular regeneration and tissue youth;
- With the help of polyunsaturated acids, blood circulation is normalized, and vascular walls are strengthened;
- Trace elements are useful for strengthening bone tissue, they remove heavy metals from the body, stimulate the endocrine system.
- One of the most important components of pumpkin seeds for men is zinc. This element is involved in the process of testosterone production. Increasing the level of the main male hormone helps to improve the quality and quantity of sperm, normalization of libido. With a lack of an element, a decrease in erection is observed, the risk of prostatitis and the development of malignant tumors increases.
Prevention of male diseases
The daily presence of even a small amount of seeds in the diet will reduce the risk of developing erectile dysfunction, prostatitis, prostate adenoma, atherosclerosis. That is those diseases that are most often diagnosed in older men and middle-aged men.
Arginine, which is contained in pumpkin seeds, has a positive effect on potency and is a good prevention of prostatitis and prostate adenoma.
Pumpkin seeds are indispensable for the prevention of impotence and male infertility. Approximately 100 g of the product contains half the daily norm of zinc and the daily norm of selenium, by which the sex hormones, in particular testosterone, are produced in the man’s body. As a result, hormones return to normal and sexual activity is restored. In addition, zinc improves the quality of the seminal fluid and male fertility. Therefore, in the planning period of pregnancy and conception, it is recommended to use pumpkin seeds.
Thanks to the antioxidant properties of the seeds, they prevent premature aging and make it possible to maintain men’s health for a long time.
How to eat pumpkin seeds
In order for the product to bring male health benefits, it must be properly consumed.
It is recommended to eat raw or slightly dried seeds, on which the film covering them is stored. But the fried ones are not so useful: after heat treatment, only about 25% of useful substances remain in them.
Pumpkin seeds should be consumed daily for a month on a full stomach (the rate per day is 60-80 g), then you need to take a break for three months.
Due to their beneficial properties, they are often used in traditional medicine for the treatment of various diseases and the prevention of diseases of the male genitourinary system.
Recipes of traditional medicine
1. A means to improve potency: grind 100 g of peeled pumpkin seeds and walnut kernels, pour two glasses of natural honey. Use daily 3 tbsp. spoons.
2. Means for treating prostatitis and erectile dysfunction: grind 500 g of purified pumpkin seeds in a coffee grinder until smooth and mix with 200 g of honey. Pour the mixture onto cling film and place in refrigerator. After an hour, when it thickens a little, form small balls with a diameter of up to 2 cm, each placed in an individual film bag and stored in the refrigerator. Every day you need to eat two balls. The course lasts one month. After that, you need to take a three-week break, and then it can be repeated.
3. Grind unpeeled raw sunflower seeds. Drink daily for 2 tbsp. spoon means squeezed water. This rate should not be exceeded, because unpeeled pumpkin seeds increase the load on the liver.
Contraindications and harm
Like any other food product, pumpkin seeds are contraindicated for people with individual intolerance to this type of food.
Pumpkin seeds should also not be used for the following diseases:
- chronic diseases and inflammatory processes in the pancreas, stomach, intestines or liver;
- the presence of salt stones in the gallbladder or kidneys;
- poor blood clotting;
- low blood glucose;
- insufficient cholesterol level; dilated blood vessels;
- excess gastric acidity
If in doubt about contraindications, consult your doctor. It will set the optimal daily allowance for this product.